there have been some bumpy days in wiesbaden. not too many & nothing earth-shattering, but certainly days where i’ve taken a look around and wondered, ‘will this ever feel like home?’
to combat those not-so-sunshine-y days, i started a list of things i adore about our new surroundings to take out and read when i start feeling a little blue.
without further adieu…
1. Our new shower. It’s probably one of the most amazing showers I’ve ever experienced.
2. Hot water. I love a hot, hot, HOT shower. My husband likes to joke that I’m not happy unless I’m half boiled. The water here is spectacular for that.
3. Fall. I haven’t experienced Fall in a long time. Totally invigorating.
4. Captain’s schedule. After a year of residency craziness, having him on a normal schedule is completely wonderful.
5. Radiator heat. I think there is something all sorts of old-worldy & cozy about the cackling & crackling of a radiator.
6. Walking. To the city, the grocery, the coffee. I can’t believe that once again, we’re walking distance from everything.
7. Living in Europe. In freaking Europe! Unfathomably dream come true-ish.
8. Nursery. We’ve only just gotten started, but every time I walk passed that room, I’m reminded that this is the place we will bring home our first child. And then I tear up with big, hormonal, pregnant-lady tears and continue about my day.
9. Christmas tree. When hubs and I were first unpacking our things, I wondered out loud where our Christmas tree would go. Captain’s reply? “I was just thinking that.” And so we stopped and figured it out.
10. Our family. Not our families, plus us. But OUR family. Captain & myself, Miller-kitten and Baby. We’re really starting our family here. And that makes me feel blissfully content.
i hope you take time & enjoy a few of your favorite things today, and if the mood strikes, i highly recommend jotting some of them down.