one of my favorite cooking combinations is salmon, ginger and sesame oil. *drool*. so when i found this recipe for salmon burgers, i about fell out of my chair. naturally, i had to share said fall-out-of-chair-recipe with you.
Ginger Salmon Burgers
what you need:
1-lb. fresh salmon, skin off
2 tbsp. soy sauce (i use reduced sodium, not much difference in flavor & hooray for healthy!)
1 1/2 tsp. wasabi powder (not as hard to find as i had imagined, check the asian section of your grocery)
1/2 tsp. honey
2 scallions, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled & minced
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil (so.amazing!)
what you’ll do:
1. cube salmon using quick, even, straight-up-and-down motions (do not rock the knife through the fish or it will turn mushy) until you’re left with 1/4″ pieces. transfer to a large bowl. add scallions, egg, ginger and oil; stir to combine.
2. form the mixture into 4 patties. the mixture will be pretty loose, but fear not! they hold together quite well once the first side is cooked.
3. coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute.
4. add the patties and cook for 4 minutes.
5. turn and continue to cook until firm and fragrant, about 3 minutes. spoon the reserved wasabi glaze evenly over the burgers and cook for 15 seconds more.
devour serve immediately. recipe adapted from here: http://www.yummly.com